I received a sweet RAK (Random Act of Kindness) last week and this was included:
It's a regular 'ole playing card that has several types of patterned washi tape wrapped around it.
Isn't this a great way to "share" washi tape with a friend?
The glossy finish of the playing card allows the washi tape to be easily removed.
Just pull off a snippet and add to your #biblequiltjournal page!
I'm off to find a pack of mismatched playing cards to try this myself!
Other ideas for Washi Tape Swap & Share Cards
* This could be a great "bonus" to add to a Mother's Day card or a birthday package for a friend who crafts.
* If you send a Bible Quilt Starter Kit as a gift, this could be a fun way to share some of your personal washi tape with a friend or family member!
* You could even exchange multiple washi-share cards with a sister-in-Christ that you are Bible Quilting with long-distance.
* Maybe you're a grandma that wants to keep your grandkids motivated in the Word this summer? Some timely arrivals of colorful washi share cards and a few verses handwritten by you would be a wonderful way to exchange #biblequilting ideas with one another! If your scriptures are written individually on colorful paper or card stock, your grandkids could add these notes to their own BQJ pages and together you're weaving a spiritual legacy!
* Hmm...52 cards in a deck. 52 weeks in a year. Wouldn't that be a fun "mission" for some #happymail throughout next year??
I'm also thinking this would be a great system to organize some washi tape by color (A card with just purple, another with just red washi tape, etc.) or season (fall oranges, reds, and yellows).
The washi share cards are thin enough you can slip them into the book pocket in your Bible Quilt Journal.
If you've got a BQ tote bag, you could wrap some of your favorite #washitape patterns on a few cards and tuck them into a pocket. That will be lighter and less bulky than full rolls of washi tape yet give you a variety of colors/textures to play around with while you're on the go!
So many fun ideas...